Who Can Adopt from Helpless Hounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must own home or have landlord approval.
- Must have a valid ID with current address.
- Adoption applications must be filled out completely and processed in order to adopt.
- Must have a good reference from a current veterinarian:
- ALL current pets must be spayed/neutered.
- ALL current pets must be up to date on all vaccines.
- ALL current pets must be current on heartworm, flea, and tick prevention.
- Must have two good references from non-immediate family members.
- Agree to a home visit when board members think appropriate.
- Agree that dog will be an indoor dog, and not left outside a majority of the time.
- Understand and agree to the financial responsibilities it takes to feed, vaccinate, and provide medical care.
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide the training, medical treatment, and proper care for the dog.
- Sign a legally binding adoption contract upon adoption.
Please Note: Helpless Hounds reserves the right to deny any application for any reason after reviewing the above requirements. We may also recommend a different dog to better meet your needs. We firmly believe in matching the right dog with the right home. We never encourage families to pick a dog based on appearance. Breed, activity level, temperament, size, and emotional needs are always a priority.