Helpless Hounds adoption fees help assist with the costs of our dogs’ needs when in our care. These costs can vary depending on the age of a dog and any special medical considerations. This care includes:
- All dogs are spayed or neutered prior to adoption, unless too young/medically unable at the time of adoption. If the pet is too young to be sterilized prior to adoption, Adopter agrees to sign and to abide by the terms of Helpless Hound's Foster to Adopt Agreement, and to include a $100 refundable deposit to be paid at time of possession of the dog. Upon proof of the sterilization procedure, which MUST be submitted via the alternation confirmation form, adoption will be considered complete.
- The terms of the Foster to Adopt Agreement are as follows:
- If adopting a puppy under the age of 1 year, Adopter agrees to spay or neuter between 6 months -1 year of age, depending on the breed or at time approved by a veterinarian. Or if a dog cannot be altered due to special circumstances (i.e. heartworm treatment), adopter agrees to abide by what is approved by a veterinarian for alteration surgery.
- Adoption will be fully completed upon alteration surgery. Dogs adopted within 1 hour of Tulsa will be required to have the procedure completed at Alta Vista Animal Hospital, and should be scheduled by the Adopter and confirmed with Helpless Hounds. The procedure will be booked under Helpless Hounds’ account. Adopters more than 1 hour from Tulsa may also use Alta Vista Animal Hospital, or may choose to use their own vet. In this scenario, a copy of the bill for the service can be attached to the alteration confirmation form after being paid, and Helpless Hounds will then consider the adoption complete. Personal vets may have sterilization fees exceeding $100, but Adopter agrees to cover any fees above the $100 that will be reimbursed by Helpless Hounds
- If a Helpless Hounds dog is not altered within a reasonable time, Helpless Hounds will reclaim the dog.
- All dogs will come fully vetted, including:
- Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, and Bordatella vaccinations given when age-appropriate.
- Heartworm test/treatment, if positive.
- First month of preventatives for heartworm, fleas, and ticks.
- Tested and treated for internal parasites.
- Any other medically necessary treatment to prepare them for a healthy start with their new family.
- For puppies who still require rounds of shots post-adoption, Helpless Hounds will either pay Adopter's vet directly or reimburse Adopter for fees incurred specific to remaining shots only. Puppies adopted within 1 hour of Tulsa will be required to have the remaining shots completed at Alta Vista Animal Hospital, and should be scheduled by the Adopter and confirmed with Helpless Hounds. The procedure will be booked under Helpless Hounds’ account.
- Altered Dog: $295
- Not-Yet-Altered Dog: $395 - $100 refundable deposit upon completion of spay/neuter procedure.